The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is an information and advice service for patients, relatives and the public. We are here to support you in whatever way we can to ensure your experience at Sussex Partnership is a positive one.
If you don’t know what’s happening regarding your care, or the care of a loved one, or you need information and advice but don’t know who to ask, PALS can help. We help people to resolve situations and assist them if they wish to make a complaint but are unsure how to go about it, or who to talk to.
How PALS can help
- We provide information about services provided by Sussex Partnership and other organisations, which services are available to you and how you can use them.
- We help resolve any current issues about your care as quickly as possible. This may include liaising with your care team on your behalf to help resolve any immediate concerns.
- We provide information about Sussex Partnership’s complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint.
- We introduce you to advocacy support services and other organisations that may be helpful to you.
- We directly influence the improvement of services provided by Sussex Partnership by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise.
Our experienced team will try to help resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We work closely with nursing, medical and other frontline staff to make sure that you receive the information you need and that issues are resolved.
PALS is part of Sussex Partnership, but we can often help on an anonymous basis. Please be assured that raising your concerns will not harm or prejudice the care you, or the person you care for, is given.
We aim to be easy to reach, respond quickly to your concerns and achieve a positive outcome.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service
West Sussex BN13 3EP
Tel: 0300 304 2198