- Membership is free and is open to anyone over the age of 14 years old: all we ask is that you complete our online membership form
- The personal details you give help us ensure our membership represents the local community - we will never pass on any information given to us
- When we receive your form, we will send you a membership card, more information about the governors and how to contact them and the latest edition of our newsletter
- As a member, you will have access to NHS Discounts, which offers benefits and discounts from some of the best brands in the country (further details below)
- You can take part in surveys, attend members’ meetings and focus groups to help plan future services
There are four membership categories:
- Service user: people who have used our services in the past five years
- Carer: a carer of someone who has used our services in the past five years
- Public: anyone interested in our services living in Brighton and Hove, East or West Sussex or other geographical areas where we provide services
- Staff: a permanent member of staff, on a fixed-term contract of at least 12 months or social care staff who work at Sussex Partnership
If you use our services, you may choose to be in either the service user or public category of membership. The staff category is only for people working at Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. Staff are automatically offered membership and don’t need to complete a membership form.
Our service user and carer members can live outside Brighton and Hove, East and West Sussex. Our public members must live within this area. If you are a member of the public and live outside this area, you may wish to consider becoming a member of your local NHS Foundation Trust.
Get the most out of your membership
- Join us at community events and help recruit new members
- Ask your workplace or places that you visit (e.g. libraries, GP surgeries, leisure centres) if they would be happy to display our posters and leaflets
- Come along to our public events
- If you work for a local company, ask if they would be willing to offer discounts to our members
- Tell us about any events taking place in your area where you think it might be useful for us to come and promote membership
- Spread the word: talk about being a member at any groups you belong to, promote us in their newsletters, or ask us to come along
- Vote for governors or consider standing for election yourself
- Come along to public consultation meetings to help shape our services.
Benefits for members
Exclusive discounts from national and local companies are available to members through NHS Discounts. The scheme offers members and staff fantastic savings from companies across the UK.You can shop online, print out vouchers, receive advice from confidential free helpline services and book holidays.
- To register go to www.nhsdiscounts.com
- Click on the login button located top right and complete the form
- When you reach the last section entitled 'your job' please select Foundation Trust Member from your dropdown menu options for both the job category and job title questions
- Registration takes about 48 hours to validate.
Your privacy matters
To ensure you are informed about how Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust uses your personal data for our membership we’ve introduced a new Privacy Notice in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25 May 2018.