The results are in!
Voting closed on 5th July 2018, congratulations to the following members who have been successfully elected as Governors:
- Di Hickman, Service User Brighton and Hove
- Nicola Donaldson, Service User East Sussex
- Gabrielle Gardner, Service User West Sussex
- Judy Abbott, Service User West Sussex
- Amy Herring, Service User Outside of Sussex
- John Sherwood, Public Brighton and Hove
- Allison Fackrell, Carer
- Louise Patmore, Staff
The election process was run by the Electoral Reform Service who can be contacted on telephone 0208 889 9203 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What does being a Governor mean?
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has a Council of Governors who represent the interests of Foundation Trust members and partner organisations from the local community.
As a Governor you will be able to:
- Ensure there is robust challenge about the strategic direction of the Trust, its vision and how it is performing
- Share with the Board and Council the views of the local people you represent
- Actively seeking out what they think about the services provided by Sussex Partnership
- Participate in meetings of the Council of Governors, its Committees, Governor Training Days and Joint Council of Governors/Board of Directors to represent the views of your constituencies and undertake the statutory duties of a Governor
The Governor role is voluntary; governors are not paid a salary but are entitled to claim expenses incurred in connection with their duties such as travel to and from meetings, training days and conferences.
A governor term runs for three years, and each governor can stand for a maximum of three terms (nine years in total). At the end of each term an election is held so members have the opportunity to vote for their preferred representative. The Trust will hold it's next election in 2019.
Want to know more?
Our 'Thinking about becoming a Governor?' information booklet gives a good overview of the role and what will be required of you.
Why not come to a Council of Governors or Board of Directors meeting. This will give you the chance to experience how our formal meetings run; you will also have the chance to meet fellow governors and members of our board.
More information about governor elections process please contact Natalie Hennings, Corporate Governance Manager on email email@example.com or by calling 07391 012421.
You may find the following documents useful reading to learn more about the role: