Voting is now closed and we are pleased to welcome the following new governors to our Council:
- Jo Tompkins, Brighton and Hove, Service User Governor
- Chrissie Granger, East Sussex, Service User Governor
- Alan Wells, East Sussex, Service User Governor
- Duncan Shrewsbury, Brighton and Hove, Public Governor
- Caitlin Hall, East Sussex, Public Governor
- Peter Haydn-Smith, East Sussex, Public Governor
- Gillian Bowden, West Sussex Public Governor
- Sarah Payne, West Sussex Public Governor
- Stephanie Foster, Outside of Sussex, Public Governor
- Carl Domanic, Carer Governor
- Mark Hughes, Carer Governor
- Alice Parr, Staff Governor
- Gary Beecheno, Staff Governor
Our governors will commence their terms from the 01 August 2019 and their biographies will shortly be available through our Council of Governor pages here.
Why governors are so important
Governors reflect members' interests and work on their behalf to improve services by providing an important link between our services and the local community.
As a Governor you will be able to:
- Share with the Board and Council the views of the local people you represent.
- Participate in meetings of the Council of Governors, its Committees, Governor Training Days and Joint Council of Governors/Board of Directors to represent the views of your constituencies and undertake the statutory duties of a Governor
- Ensure there is robust challenge about the strategic direction of the Trust, its vision and how it is performing.
- Actively engage with your constituents, seek out what they think about the services provided by Sussex Partnership and promote membership.
Want to know more?
Our 'Thinking about becoming a Governor?' information booklet gives a good overview of the role and what will be required of you.
Why not come to a Council of Governors or Board of Directors meeting. This will give you the chance to experience how our formal meetings run; you will also have the chance to meet fellow governors and members of our board.
More information about governor elections process please contact Natalie Hennings, Corporate Governance Manager on email email@example.com or by calling 07391 012421.
You may find the following documents useful reading to learn more about the role: