ARC KSS is pleased to announce the first funding call to support applied health research across the Applied Research Collaboration Kent, Surrey and Sussex (ARC KSS).
Deadline for expressions of interest – Tuesday 31 March 2020
Deadline for applications – Wednesday 29 April 2020
ARC KSS is accepting applications for the following:
Towards Changing Practice project funding
ARC KSS is seeking to support innovative applied research projects focussing on implementing novel ideas with the potential to change health or social care practice for the benefit of the public, patients, service user and/or service providers.
Projects must be undertaken within an ARC KSS member organisation or by a member of staff from an ARC KSS member organisation. Up to £60,000 (inclusive of 25% co-funding) will be awarded to individual projects over a maximum duration of two years. Projects must start on Thursday 1 October 2020 and must align to one or more of the ARC KSS research themes, which are detailed on this page in the 'Our research themes' section. Please read the following documents for the call carefully:
Towards Changing Practice remit
Towards Changing Practice guidance
Towards Changing Practice application form
Individual Development Awards
ARC KSS is accepting applications from individuals seeking support to develop applied research projects. At least four awards will be made starting on Thursday 1 October 2020 and for a maximum of £20,000 (inclusive of 25% co-funding from your organisation) over one year. Projects must align to one or more of the ARC KSS research themes, which are detailed on this page in the 'Our research themes' section.
Awards must enable dedicated time for individuals to conduct any of the following activities:
- Small scale pilots or implementation projects
- Evidence synthesis - funding to support rapid synthesis of evidence that would be beneficial for care provision and service delivery
- Grant applications – funding to provide dedicated time to work up an applied research grant application or research fellowship application through national funding streams.
ARC KSS and RDS SE will provide a bespoke programme of support to the applicant including an academic and/or health or social care professional mentor. Please read the following documents for the call carefully:
Individual Development Awards remit
Individual Development Awards guidance
Individual Development Awards application form
How to apply
To submit an application to either of the above, please:
- read the guidance documents and remit information released with this call
- Send an expression of interest email to email@example.com by Tuesday 31 March 2020 as per the application guidance
- Send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 29 April 2020
For more information on how to apply and details of funding and member co-funding contributions we recommend you also read the accompanying call remit and guidance documents.
If you need to discuss the call or your application further, please see list of contacts in the guidance or contact ARCKentSurreySussex@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk