The Volunteer Service recruits, trains and provides ongoing support to volunteers in a wide range of projects across the Trust. We welcome volunteers from all areas of our diverse community, who feel they have something to offer to help us enhance the service we provide to our patients.
Who can volunteer?
- Are you 18 years old or over? (there is no upper age limit)
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Would you be willing to volunteer on a regular basis (minimum of once a week for 6 months)?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
If your response is ‘Yes’ to all of these questions, you might be the individual we are searching for to join our team of volunteers.
What do volunteers do and how can I apply?
Volunteers participate in a wide range of non-clinical activities across the Trust, complementing the work of healthcare professionals to enhance the experience of our service users.
Volunteer activities aim to:
- Offer social and therapeutic support to service users on a ward or department, e.g. listening and chatting to service users, participating in board games, quizzes, crosswords, gardening etc. or participating in arts or musical activities.
- Promote service user involvement.
Volunteering should be a two way process. It should be mutually beneficial to both the organisation and to the volunteer.
We are developing new opportunities all the time so please keep checking our volunteering page for new roles that might be of interest to you.
When a role is available the role description will be posted on our volunteering page. When you find a role that matches your requirements and availability, please contact the Volunteer Service for an application form. We shortlist application forms and we are looking for people who have read and understood the role description.
Please be advised volunteering is not work experience. To find a work experience opportunity with a service in your local area, please contact the service directly. You can find your local services by visiting our Find a Service webpage
To search and apply for an apprenticeship, please go to the gov.uk website.