Medicines and pharmacy
Our pharmacy team work closely with medical, nursing and all healthcare professionals to ensure that medicines are used safely, appropriately and effectively as part of treatment care plans for patients whilst they are in hospital, as well as in the community.
They can support you with your medicines and provide expert information and advice regarding all aspects of medicine use.
Taking mental health medicines can bring up a range of emotions. Our pharmacy team are here to listen, offer support and guidance, and work collaboratively to find the path that's right for you. They can also:
- Offer advice about what treatments are available
- Offer a space to talk openly about how you feel about your medicines
- Help with side effects
- Answer your questions about medicines, help you make a decision, and offer support.
If you or your loved ones are taking mental health medicines, and would like to explore your options, we are here to help.
Contact the pharmacy team: pharmacy
Below you can find useful medicine information leaflets.
Choice and medication website
Choice and medication is a website with information about medicines and conditions. You can download and print information in a wide range of accessible formats and there are 'handy charts' that compare the benefits and risks of medicines.
- Dementia, carers information on good sleep v2 - Jan 23
- Dementia, carers information on medicines v2 - Jan 23
- Dementia, carers information on supporting distressed behaviour or behaving unusually v6 - Jan 23
- Lithium, patient monitoring booklet - Aug 23
- Medicines and the pharmacy team, patient information leaflet - Apr 22
- Medicines, patient information (easy read format) v2 - Jan 23
- Medicines side effects, patient information - Jul 20
- Medicines side effects, patient information (easy read format) - Jan 22
- Mirtazapine (young people), patient information v5 - Oct 22
- Private sector prescribing, patient information - Jan 23
- Swallowing tablets and capsules, patient information - Jul 20
- Swallowing tablets and capsules , carers information - Jul 20
- Vitamin D supplements, patient information - Mar 22