Triangle of care
Triangle of Care is a membership run by the Carers Trust. Triangle of Care focuses on keeping carers included, informed and supported when they are caring for an individual with mental health difficulties.
At Sussex Partnership we've been a member of Triangle of Care since 2017, joining over 50 other mental health providers in the country. We received stage 2 accreditation in 2021, which recognised our ongoing work and commitment to working with carers.
For family and friend carers this means:
- you are listened to
- you are recognised and valued
- you are supported in your work as a carer
- you can access support more quickly, as you have already been recognised and acknowledged as being a carer
- you are able to offer and share expertise and knowledge.
For our patients and service users this means:
- your care is improved
- there is a more joined-up approach to care, as we work to support you with our expertise and the valuable information provided by your family and friend carers.
For our staff it means:
- you have access to credible information to better inform care plans
- improved team working with carers, which will give you confidence in the care you are giving
- increased knowledge and understanding of the people you are supporting which will improve and strengthen your practice
- improved job enrichment.
For Sussex Partnership it means:
- we have a dynamic and sustainable method to understand the changes and improvements needed to our services and to implement them
- we have improved communication and understanding which will reduce the number of serious incidents
- more joined up care which reduces the time that service users spend in hospital and the frequency of admissions.
Visit the Carers Trust's website to learn more about the Triangle of Care.