Mill View Hospital
At Mill View Hospital we care for people with acute mental health problems until they are ready to leave hospital and live in the community.
We provide care and treatment to adults with acute mental health needs to aid recovery and wellbeing. We have 84 beds at Mill View Hospital divided between five wards:
- Caburn Ward and Regency Ward are single gender wards for adults
- Meridian Ward is a mixed gender ward for people aged over 65
- Pavillion Ward is a male Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
- Brunswick Ward is a dementia care ward
When you're admitted to Mill View Hospital we'll help you settle in. We'll complete an admission process by carrying out some assessments and talking to you about how you're feeling. The team will then work up a care plan with you and your carer. We'll review the care plan regularly throughout your stay in hospital to make sure it's kept up to date. We have a full programme of activities and therapeutic groups designed to promote your recovery.
We have a comprehensive team of professionals including:
- Ward doctors
- Ward manager
- Healthcare assistants
- Occupational therapists, occupational therapy technician and activities coordinator
- Art therapists
- Discharge support workers
- Carers leads
- Peer support workers
- Chaplains / spiritual support leads
How to get here
Services 5A (Brighton & Hove Buses) and 16 (The Big Lemon Bus) stop at Mill View Hospital.
The nearest train stations are Aldrington (approximately 0.8 miles away) and Hove (approximately 1.4 miles away).
There is free onsite parking at Mill View Hospital and at Hove Polyclinic
Hospital visiting times are between 4pm and 8pm (Monday to Friday) and between 2pm and 8pm (weekends and bank holidays).